• Recipes Chocolate Pralines

    Chocolate Pralines combine the crumbly, nutty taste of classic pralines with rich semi-sweet chocolate. ...

  • RESEP DAGING GULUNG

    Bahan : * 300 gr daging sapi has dalam * 100 gr lobak * 2 sdm mentega, untuk menumis. ...

  • PINEAPPLE-ORANGE SUNSHINE CAKE

    In a large bowl, mix together all of the frosting ingredients until well blended. Spread over cake. Store in the refrigerator.. ...

  • Rempeyek Kacang

    Bahan: * 400 gr tepung beras * ½ sendok makan tapioka * ½ kg kacang tanah dikupas dan dibelah 2 * 4 buah bawang putih. ...

  • Recipes Red fruit salad with mint syrup

    Enjoy this refreshing dessert that doesn't take forever to prepare and goes down a treat with guests. . ...

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Valentine's Cake


I found out about a cake decorating contest that Ace of Cakes and the Food Network were holding on Youtube and just couldn't pass that up. So I started trying to think of designs for my entry. A few months ago my nephew drew a cake for me and I loved it so much I put it on my fridge. When he came over for Christmas I showed him I had his picture displayed. He asked "so did you make it yet"? Ha! I had no idea it was an order! So I decided to base my contest design on his drawing. Hopefully he'll be happy with it. :)

This was also the first time I made a video. It had to be under three minutes for the contest so everything is cut a little short but I'll try to make a longer video this weekend to demonstrate how to make a topsy turvy style cake.

This cake was made from a 6", 8", 10" cake and covered with fondant. The topper is made from rice krispie treats and gumpaste, and it says "Chris and Janell", of course. ;)

Here's the video if you're interested:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7xY3MYGHBM&feature=channel_page

Categories:

0 komentar:

Post a Comment