• Recipes Chocolate Pralines

    Chocolate Pralines combine the crumbly, nutty taste of classic pralines with rich semi-sweet chocolate. ...

  • RESEP DAGING GULUNG

    Bahan : * 300 gr daging sapi has dalam * 100 gr lobak * 2 sdm mentega, untuk menumis. ...

  • PINEAPPLE-ORANGE SUNSHINE CAKE

    In a large bowl, mix together all of the frosting ingredients until well blended. Spread over cake. Store in the refrigerator.. ...

  • Rempeyek Kacang

    Bahan: * 400 gr tepung beras * ½ sendok makan tapioka * ½ kg kacang tanah dikupas dan dibelah 2 * 4 buah bawang putih. ...

  • Recipes Red fruit salad with mint syrup

    Enjoy this refreshing dessert that doesn't take forever to prepare and goes down a treat with guests. . ...

Friday, August 27, 2010

Old School

This order was placed by a couple of the sweetest guys. They were throwing a surprise party for their parents 25th anniversary and wanted a replica of the original wedding cake. I usually try to steer customers towards a more modern design but it was such a thoughtful gesture that I couldn't resist making it. It was actually a fun cake to make, although I was a bit nervous about the height of those columns. How did bakers in the 80's survive setting that up without having a heart attack? But I'm told it held up for the party so I guess those flimsy columns are sturdier than they feel. The parents loved the party and the cake and I was glad to be a part of it. Oh, and the topper is from the original wedding cake 25 years ago. I had to clean it up a bit but I finally got to use my archeology degree.




Categories:

0 komentar:

Post a Comment